Topic: Adding light

I left a review on playstore about adding led lights to the isochronic  tones  for much more  powerful  inductions,basically adding another stimulus  (lights) you get stronger and more rapid results .I'll explain it in a bit more detail.....First i got a moderate power bluetooth speaker,open it up and connect (2 leds negative side) directly to the negative side of the speaker wire, then connect the 2 leds positive side directly to the positive speaker wire (i used socket & plug out the back of Bluetooth case so i can unplug lights anytime and use bluetooth speaker as normal)....I also added a on/off switch to turn off speaker when you just want the isochronic lights....to do this cut the positive speaker wire BETWEEN the positive led connection and the positive wire connected to the speaker, add the switch inline here.....Now for the light glasses i use an old pair of sunny's and drilled a hole through each lens and place 1 led through each hole facing directly at eye's (close your eye's when using glasses) make sure the 2 leds are wired in parallel  (negative lead to negative and positive lead to positive)....the positive's go to positive of Bluetooth speaker and negative goes to negative speaker....it's quite simple setup however highly effective...i used 10mm super bright red light emitting diodes(leds) red colour seems to have the most powerful effect but you can experiment with different colours... the Bluetooth speaker can be used as normal like for music and also you can plug in other led light setups you have made and send through other frequencys (like Nogier frequencys for red light therapy)...the volume control on bluetooth speaker obviously controls the speaker volume and also controls the LED brightness...thanks team for the great app made this possible.

Re: Adding light

Yes, I had this idea too. Unfortunately there is no easy way of doing so:
-having the user buy a device for this feature is not easy, plus I don't know how to get it into production
-using the screen, you're limited by the refresh rate of 60hz, and with frequencies up to 40hz, there will be artifacting and it won't work
So it got scrapped for the moment

I totally understand why any user would want this! However the best way for any user to feel the effects of the preset is to lay down in a dark room, and to actually close your eyes. This works in two ways:

1. The minds inability to see makes hearing easier
2. No distractions so effects like closed eye visuals can appear

There is one way a user could do this, in a backdoor fashion, Google Cardboard. You could build an app that flashes the lights at the frequency per the soundfile playing and then relax without having to hold your phone to your face. The bad news is: there is no such app (yet!). Out of the thousands of users here, hopefully one of them could make this happen, but for now just enjoy SINE as is out of the box.

JML_ wrote:

There is one way a user could do this, in a backdoor fashion, Google Cardboard. You could build an app that flashes the lights at the frequency per the soundfile playing and then relax without having to hold your phone to your face. The bad news is: there is no such app (yet!). Out of the thousands of users here, hopefully one of them could make this happen, but for now just enjoy SINE as is out of the box.

As I said, the screen runs at 60hz, and with tones up to 40hz, you'd get artifacts (long boring explaination https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyquist%E … m#Aliasing)

Yea it's good to experiment with this great app...I personally  have trouble concentrating (stubborn), I've tried things like meditation and these isochronic tones alone and it takes me personally a long time to "go under" ....So  i thought I'll add lights and try it and now i can go under in about 5 minutes very powerful for me now with this extra stimulus...Plus most people have a bluetooth speaker laying around and with a few dollars of extra parts and very basic wiring people who want can addons to this app....However the most fundamental part of all of this is this excellent app...The phone screen is good idea but like administrator said screen frequency problems exist....My next project I'll be using this app to control electromagnetic coils via opto-couplers for magnetic therapy with these isochronic tones.

That's cool, electromagnetic fields can have a pretty strong effect. You will have to remove the base freuquency and the noise to have "pure" waves though. How do you plan to interface electromagnetic coils with SINE?

The plan is to use an optocoupler to interface the output from sine, which in turn will switch the current through the coils at the desired frequencys.I could use some basic filter circuits to filter out any unwanted frequencys or noise either in the primary of the optocoupler or the secondary, with a bit of trial and error.There's really no such thing as "pure" frequency's in the nature or the electrical world there's always some noise, plus the main frequency's will have  much more amplitude so any noise will not be noticeable.I will check the output waveform with an oscilloscope.Its really quite simple and cheap to make.If you study the technical details of pemf devices there pretty basic really yet very costly a rip off.I'll build this addon as simple and cheap as i can and let you know how it goes.thanks..

Hi!
Did you make any progress adding lights?
I tried searching the Web.  All I found were some stand alone devices which come with some presets or which need to be programmed individually.
See adafruit brain machine.
But nothing to hook up to the sound from the app.
Thanks.

Now if it was a linux NCURSES based program , it probably wouldn't be too difficult.